Are you looking for information about Otsego Probate Court in Michigan?
Every day of the week, probate attorneys from the law offices of Thav, Ryke & Associates are at Michigan area probate courts ready to help you.
If you’re looking for information about Otsego Probate Court in Michigan, we are happy to provide you the following details:
Address: 800 Livingston Blvd, Suite 1C
Gaylord, MI 49735
Phone: (989) 731-0204
Ms. Carmen Parker
Matters Heard By The Probate Court
- Processes estates in Otsego County with or without a will, (including small estates that sometimes can be handled in a single day).
- Appoints guardians and conservators of minors and adults who are not able to manage their own affairs.
- Issues name change orders for minors and adults.
- Settles disputes concerning trusts.
- Performs secret marriages.
- Commits a mentally ill person to a mental health facility.
- Order treatment for people with contagious diseases who refuse treatment.
- Emancipation minors.
- Bypasses parental consent for minors seeking abortions.
Appropriate forms are required to initiate a case with the Probate Court. Frequently used informational packets (including forms) are available below, or at the court for a minimal cost. If the form you are seeking is not listed below, please click here for a complete list of approved forms from the State Court Administrator’s Office.
Virtual Court Access
Welcome to the Otsego County 87-A District, Family and Probate Court Virtual Courtroom Portal. The links below are provided for easy access to join a courtroom as a party or to view a live stream hearing as a member of the public.
Before your hearing, please test your connection to the virtual courtroom. Watch the How Do I Test My Video for directions to test the connection with your device.
How to Access the Virtual Courtroom
- You will receive an invitation prior to the hearing with instructions.
- Hearings are live-streamed via YouTube, as needed.
- Be sure to use the following protocol:
- If you are using a desktop computer be sure to have your speakers on. If you do not have a microphone, you will need to call with your phone and continue to login to Zoom on your desktop.
- When using your smartphone, laptop, or tablet, please locate your settings for the microphone and camera to make sure settings are on.
- Call the court from a private/quiet room.
- Do not have radios or televisions on during the call.
- Do not use the speakerphone option on your phone.
- If possible, mute your phone until you are ready to speak.
- The Judge will instruct the parties on the phone when the case begins and when to begin speaking.
- If you are logging in from your smart device, computer, tablet or laptop, please enter the case number and your name under “Join with a personal link name”
- Example for litigant: 20-001234-GC John Doe
- Example for attorney: P12345 – Lawrence Preston
On the Hearing Date
Parties to a case must participate in the hearing using Zoom. Enter the courtroom by one of the following options:
Honorable Michael K Cooper – District & Probate Court Chief Judge
- Option 1:
Go to Zoom and enter the meeting ID from your notice.
- Option 2:
Enter the courtroom by phone: Call 646-876-9923 or 669-900-6833 and connect using meeting ID 635-298-4592
Once you have successfully entered the courtroom, you will be placed in the waiting room until court staff gives you access to the hearing.
Live Stream from Courtroom 101
If you are not a party to a case, hearings may be live-streamed via YouTube.
Not familiar with Zoom? Watch this video for information on how to use Zoom.