Are you looking for information about Genesee County Probate Court in Michigan?
900 S. Saginaw St.
5th Floor Room 502
Flint, MI 48502
Temporary Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday
8:00a.m. – 3:30p.m.
The Genesee County Probate Court has served the citizens of Genesee County since 1836. The Probate Court has jurisdiction over matters related to Deceased Estates, Wills, Trusts, Guardianships, Conservatorships and Protective Proceedings, Guardianships for Developmentally Disabled Individuals, and Petitions for Mental Health Treatment.
The mission of the Genesee County Probate Court is to administer justice in a fair, timely, and professional manner to all persons who appear before the Court. The Probate Court Judges and Staff are dedicated public servants who efficiently process all matters relating to the settlement of decedents’ estate, trusts, guardianships, conservatorships, and commitment of persons with a mental illness. Resolving disputes among interested persons will be accomplished efficiently with appropriate consideration of the best interests of the minor, the protected individual, the estate, and the public and all others who come before.
Every day of the week, probate attorneys from the law offices of Thav, Ryke & Associates are at probate courts in Michigan and ready to help you. At the beginning of each week on Monday morning, our law firm will post a schedule for the week so you can see when attorneys from Michigan Probate Law Firm will be available at the Genesee Country Probate Court.
If your filing also requires a hearing (almost all petitions except for Petitions/Order for Assignment (small estates)):
1. After the fee is paid, you will receive BY EMAIL your notice of hearing packet, which includes the date and time of the hearing, the instructions to participate in the hearing via zoom, and a copy of your petition.
2. It is the petitioner’s responsibility to serve notice of the hearing on the interested parties and submit a proof of service to the court PRIOR TO THE HEARING. If publication is required, the Detroit Legal News is open and continuing to publish per their normal schedule. Contact them at email@example.com or 313 409-6398 to arrange for publication.
3. If your filing fee has not been paid or if you have not completed service (filed the proof of service with the court), YOUR HEARING WILL NOT GO FORWARD and your petition may be dismissed.
4. For questions related to the hearing, you may contact the courtroom (for the judge assigned to your case) directly using the directory Where/How Do I File.
5. Following the hearing held via Zoom, you will receive BY EMAIL your certified Letters of Authority once you have been appointed and qualified with filing of an Acceptance of Appointment and bond, if applicable Letters ($12 each) must be paid for via ePayment in order to receive them.
6. Please visit Case Access to view hearing information and contact the courtroom for Zoom instructions if needed.
7. All hearings starting on March 16th were held via Zoom. All future hearing dates are scheduled for Zoom until further notice.