Are you looking for information about Van Buren Probate Court in Michigan?
Every day of the week, probate attorneys from the law offices of Thav, Ryke & Associates are at Michigan area probate courts ready to help you.
If you’re looking for information about Van Buren Probate Court in Michigan, we are happy to provide you the following details:
Located in: Van Buren County
Address: 212 E Paw Paw St # 220
Paw Paw, MI 49079
Phone: (269) 657-8225
Ms. Brandy Antonowitsch (269) 657-8225
Ms. Veronica Stillson (269) 657-8225
Monday through Friday
8:30 am to 5 pm
Where to eat near the Van Buren County Probate Court: Click here for restaurants close by
Where to park near the Van Buren County Probate Court: Click here for parking information
The Constitution of Michigan provides that “The jurisdiction, powers and duties of the Probate Court and the Judges thereof shall be provided by law.” The legislature through the enactment of various statutes, has defined the specific work of the Probate Court.
The Probate Court has jurisdiction over and handles the following matters:
- Administration of estates, trusts, guardianships and conservatorships for both minors and adults along with developmentally disabled persons
- Delayed Registrations of Foreign Birth
- Legal name changes
- Mental Health proceedings
- Secret Marriages
- Wills for safekeeping
The Probate Court also handles other matters that include the following:
- Petition for Protective Orders which are typically a one-time request to approve an action such as approval of a settlement.
- Civil actions in which one of the parties is usually a trust, estate or a fiduciary so that the proceeding is in relation to the Probate Court.